Prescription medication over the internet - is it legal?
HealthExpress launched the first truly online clinic in the UK in 2002, when we were reviewed by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). Since then weíve expanded to offer a high quality online clinic to European customers. As a result we comply fully with UK and EU law, all of our doctors are registered and our pharmacy has been accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
We believe itís our obligation to make sure that all of our customers are properly informed of any illegalities that surround online prescription websites, and to keep you updated of these. For this reason, we strongly advise you to be aware of a number of concerns on non-compliant online medical retailer websites.
Without a medical prescription, itís a criminal offence to:
- Sell prescription drugs
- Describe and promote prescription drugs
- Price prescription drugs
If you see any of these on websites you should avoid them and report them to the MHRA; they could be putting the health of you and other people at serious risk.
Other misleading promotions include:
- Advertising product substitutes as genuine products, charging lower prices but offering only generic alternatives
- Advertising products in one currency when charging in another and forcing you to pay the exchange rate variation
- Offering tablets loose or not in blister packs, which is highly dangerous
- Selling foreign medication - because if the medicine hasnít been licensed for use in the EU, you wonít know if itís safe
You should never deal with a website that doesnít display full contact details. If you canít get hold of the company, thereís no way to be sure that youíll receive your medication after paying for it or receive sufficient customer service.
HealthExpress.eu is committed to delivering a high quality, safe and legal online experience. Our website is designed to help diagnose and treat a number of conditions ranging from impotence and obesity to male pattern baldness and female sexual dysfunction.
At HealthExpress.eu we guarantee to provide:
- A discreet and comprehensive online clinic service
- Registered doctors and pharmacies
- Genuine branded treatments
- A secure ordering process
- Express next-day delivery
- Patient support
- Compliance with MHRA guidelines
There are a number of websites based in the EU that donít properly comply with EU law. We will not name these websites, despite having been given authority to do so by our legal team, because itís against our policy to do so.
However, if you feel that it would be beneficial to know more about a specific website and its compliance, you can contact us and we will help you. This advice will always be given without prejudice.